Today we give you a review on Nancy Thayer's latest novel, Secrets in Summer. Let me start off by saying that I (Jessica) absolutely loved and adored this novel. I felt like it was my life- or rather the life that I live inside my head that was being told within these pages. Maybe that's why I loved it so much.
Reasons Why I Felt Like This Was My Life In a Book:
1) The main character, Darcy, is a librarian. ✔
I have my MLIS.
2) Darcy lives by the beach. ✔
Can I? Please?
3) Darcy married young and was left both heartbroken and free. ✔
So I've never been married, but close enough.
4) Darcy finds someone new to love, who is a much better fit. ✔
5) The man Darcy falls in love with doesn't want to move into Darcy's house. He would rather pick out a new home / start a new life together. ✔
6) To do this they must both learn how to compromise. ✔
Did Nancy Thayer write this for me? Nancy, if you're reading this, you don't know how much I needed a book like this right now in my life. Thank you.
This book is fun, it is beachy, and it is impossible to put down! I guess maybe I'm little bit biased because I felt like I could have very easily been Darcy, but nonetheless, I just want to take this book, hold it in the air, and shout "READ THIS BOOK!" at the top of my lungs. And really, you all should. I promise you will not be disappointed.
I love this book so much, that I am giving it 5 out of 5 Coffee Beans!
P.S. Jillian and Grandma loved it too.